Bhubaneswar, 15 January 2020: Experienced midfielder Chinglensana Singh Kangujam will wear the India colours after a year-long break due to injury. He sustained a fracture on his right ankle during the 9th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2019 (A Division) where he had led the team to the Title.
"It was a very difficult phase for me. I was not allowed to use my lower body much which resulted in me gaining about 5-6 kilos. I was not sure if I could come back again for the Indian team," recalled Chinglensana who was last seen in India jersey at the FIH Men's World Cup in December 2018.
It was not until October last year that Chinglensana held the stick once again. "I didn't play hockey for about eight months but I never gave up hope. During this period I ensured I stayed fit, followed a systematic routine provided by our Scientific Advisor Robin Arkel which involved gym, cycling and I followed a strict diet. It was important to ensure my weight was under control and as such I had given up on rice completely," he said.
With Chief Coach Graham Reid recalling him into the squad for the upcoming FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 matches against the Netherlands over the weekend, Chinglensana feels he needs to give his 100 per cent for the team and also prove his worth again. "I am happy to earn the India jersey again. It is important for me to make this opportunity count and give my 100 per cent in the midfield. With a good talent pool available, every player has to prove his place in the team and I am no different. I see this as a fresh start for me and I am looking forward to a good start against the Netherlands," stated the Arjuna Awardee from Manipur.
India will take on the Netherlands on 18 and 19 January at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
For the FIH Hockey Pro League 2020, tickets are available online at
Please find below the outlets which will be selling the tickets for FIH Hockey Pro League 2020:
- Sports Emporium: Opp. Pal Heights, Jaydev Vihar, BDA Colony, Bhubaneswar- 751013
- Sister Mobile: 699, BMC, Near PNB Bank, Bhawani Mall St. Saheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751007
- Sister Mobile: Plot No. 88/7, Bapuji Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751009
- SS Frozen World: Kanan Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar - 751017
- B21: Janpath Road, Kharabela Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751007
- B21: Opposite BMC Bhawani Mall Exitgate, Saheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751007
- In & Out: Plot No. 305, Bharat Petroleum Petrol Pump, District Center, Bhubaneswar – 751016
- Sports Emporium: Janpath Road, Unit-3, Master Canteen Area, Kharabela Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751001
- C Décor's: Plot No. 88, Near Bharat Petrol Pump, District Center, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar - 751016
- FH17 Saloon: 3rd Floor, BMC Bhawani Mall, Saheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751007
- Maad Wheelz: C-7, Warehousing Complex, Aiginia Alugaddi, Near Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Bhubaneswar - 751030
- Reliance Food Court: 2nd Floor, Reliance Mall, Master Canteen Area, Kharbela Nagar, Bhubaneswar - 751001
- Klassic Boutique & Beauty Salon: Laxmisagar Canal Road, Opp. City Fresh, Bhubaneswar – 751006
- The Hair Hacker: Plot No. 606/735, Bomikhal, Near Utkal Hyundai, infront of Rasulgarh Market, Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 751007
- ClearPrint.in : Jagamara Road, Jagamara, Bhubaneswar - 751030
For further details or enquiry on tickets, call: +91 6361342085 or +91 8217395364 or email at email@example.com
More Newsview All
India make dream start to FIH Hockey Pro League with thrilling victory over the Netherlands
FIH Hockey Pro League debutants India made a dream start to the 2020 competition, powering to a superb 5-2 victory against the Netherlands men in a breathtaking encounter at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
Hockey India appoints Janneke Schopman as Analytical Coach for Indian Women's National Team
Hockey India on Friday announced the appointment of Janneke Schopman as the Analytical Coach for the Indian Women's National Team. The decorated hockey star who has 212 international caps for the Netherlands and also successfully led the side for two years before retirement has to her credit a Gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, a Silver from the 2004 Athens Olympics. She was also part of the Netherlands squad that won the World Cup in 2006, and a Silver in the 2002 and 2010 World Cup.